upgrading my macbook pro question ...

Reaction score
Got a stupid question but i need an answer ... i want to give my macbook pro to my girlfriend ( seriously i want to kick out her sony laptop out of the windows ) and if i get a new macbook pro do i have to rebuy all softwares that i already bought and installed on the first one or i can reinstall them on the new one?

thanks !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It depends on what the license for that particular applications says. For example: Adobe and Microsoft are very strict about their licensing and usually will only allow one install and activation unless a multiple license is purchased. Other application publishers may be more lenient and allow multiple installs.

The answer is - check the EULA first.

OP
P
Reaction score
actually the only software that i want to reinstall are : aperture and iWork , where can i find the info regarding the second installation ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you bought Aperture and iWork from the Application Store, they can be installed again on your second Mac. However, if you purchased them elsewhere, they can only legally be installed once. I believe though that if you remove them from the older MBP you can install them on the newer one, but not both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.