Cannot download Xcode on my Mac

Reaction score
I just bought the smaller macbook air last week. I come to class (Computer programming class) and he asks us to download Xcode... I go to the Mac site and it goes to the app store and i try to download it and it says i need a new version of the OS....

I just bought the computer and after it told me i needed a newer version i went to look for software updates. And it did not find a newer version so i cant download the Xcode app..

I really need help with this ASAP because we have homework due tomm. Ive asked him and he said he doesnt know what to do..

Thanks,
Nathan

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Xcode in the App Store requires that you be running OS X Lion (10.7). If you go to  > About This Mac, what version does it say you're running?

If you're running something less than 10.7, you can install Xcode from the grey discs that came with your machine. I can't remember which disc it's on but it does come included with new Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's on the Applications Disk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.