OS X Lion: Problem with Launchpad...

Reaction score
So, I just installed OS X Lion last night. Everything with no problems. Of course I was excited for the Launchpad so right when it installed I attempted to open it up. First that I see is "Loading Applications..." & that's it. With many attempts of opening & closing & re-opening Launchpad there was no hope. I tried leaving Launchpad on for over an hour with no hope. I think I am the only one that's been experiencing this problem because of I searched everywhere for a solution. Thanks for teh help.

Screen Shot 2011-08-16 at 3.51.04 PM.png

Reaction score
I only see that when someone uses my guest account but not on my main one, but it takes like 3 seconds to load hmmm

OP
B
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. I'm almost positive I'm on admin account. But who knows. I'll respond with results.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried Launchpad on my iMac 2.4Ghz C2d and it opens in less than 1 second here. I have not heard of Launchpad not opening. I wonder what is up. Will search around and see if I can find anyone with your issue.

OP
B
Reaction score
I just tried Launchpad on my iMac 2.4Ghz C2d and it opens in less than 1 second here. I have not heard of Launchpad not opening. I wonder what is up. Will search around and see if I can find anyone with your issue.

Alrighty thanks :p. Respond with yuuur results. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15in
my problems are similar with launchpad ,but i get two of safari address book etc,it will not allow you to delete any older versions as they were on the mac when i got it

OP
B
Reaction score
my problems are similar with launchpad ,but i get two of safari address book etc,it will not allow you to delete any older versions as they were on the mac when i got it

If I'm not mistaken there is another thread I saw with this problem. Go check it outtt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.