• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.1 with Wi-Fi improvements, audio out fixes

Reaction score
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.1 with Wi-Fi improvements, audio out fixes

Apple on Tuesday released Mac OS X 10.7.1, its first security and maintenance update for the newly released Lion operating system, with improved Wi-Fi reliability and resolutions for issues related to HDMI and optical audio output.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, no mention of battery fix content.. so I believe I'll pass. I sense a trend starting with this new OS for me ;)

Reaction score
my time machine is still storing local back ups in my hard drive even when i plug my external hard drive to back up.....so yeah this update didn't do anything for me oh well

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was really not having any issues unless the Safari Memory leak is considered a serious one. In 10.7.1 repairing permissions and doing a TM backup. All seems ok.

Did anyones machine after the update boot up REALLY slow the first time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I was really not having any issues unless the Safari Memory leak is considered a serious one. In 10.7.1 repairing permissions and doing a TM backup. All seems ok.

Safari memory leak is the only problem I observed also (except for the odd display issues with mac-forums.com only).

Yes, the restart seemed to take about 2 or 3 times as long as normal. Figured it had something to do with recognizing the new system changes. I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I've been curious, and I guess I can check later now that 10.7.1 is out: Does Apple plan to update the version of Lion on the Mac App Store to be fully up to date every time a new point release comes out?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Awh, the patch solved nothing I thought it would. Now I'm seriously considering moving back to SL.

What were you expecting it to solve in particular? I'd say so far 10.7 has been the most stable initial release I've seen of OS X.

Reaction score
If you've unhidden your Library folder you'll have to do it again after the update.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The best part of this update: 17MB. At home on a slower connection, that put a smile on my face.

I'd like to know why Apple hid my Library folder. If I override one their defaults, why are they reverting it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Mine did, but I consider that normal. Other OS X updates in the past also resulted in a slow boot up the first time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The best part of this update: 17MB. At home on a slower connection, that put a smile on my face.

I'd like to know why Apple hid my Library folder. If I override one their defaults, why are they reverting it?

Steve is quite insistent on the graphical integration on YOUR computer :Evil:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Because Jobs does not want you looking in YOUR Library Folder!!!

Update was tinyq and installed quite fast.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Because Jobs does not want you looking in YOUR Library Folder!!!

Update was tinyq and installed quite fast.

Exactly. And if The Steve wants it that way, so shall it be. Lord Jobs hath spoken... OBEY. ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library

Oh, oh, I think I just blasphemed! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5
The update fixed one bug for me: my MBP no longer forgets my keyboard backlight settings, when I either log out/log back in; or power down/power back up.

Strangely, my bettertouchtool trackpad gesture settings do not work now, after logout/login or power down/power up, until I open BTT's app window -- whereupon everything works. Why would that be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The update fixed one bug for me: my MBP no longer forgets my keyboard backlight settings, when I either log out/log back in; or power down/power back up.

Strangely, my bettertouchtool trackpad gesture settings do not work now, after logout/login or power down/power up, until I open BTT's app window -- whereupon everything works. Why would that be?
I caught something in the release stating that if you had 3rd party configuration programs there could be some unexpected results. Yea, that's unexpected :D

Personally, I'd try reinstalling BTT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.