Help deleting a program

Reaction score
New mac user, love it so far, I have a program I downloaded called Videoglide, I didnt have a serial so I used the demo. Now I have the program with a serial but the serial goes for an earlier version, I thought I deleted it but when I try the install disc i get a message that a newer version is already installed, I can for the life of me find it anywhere and cant install the program, any help would be appreciated, Pete

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You checked in both the /Applications and your local Applications folders to see if this program is present? Also use spotlight and search for Videoglide and it should show you where all the program is hiding..

OP
C
Reaction score
Ive done all that, somewhere its hidden that I downloaded a newer version, is there a cache somewhere? Or a registry?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Assuming this is the guide for the product you're talking about, there should be an uninstaller at /Applications/VideoGlide/VideoGlide Tools/VideoGlide Uninstall. Reinstall the newer version and use the appropriate uninstaller.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks vansmith, I tried that but still get the error that a newer version is already installed.

Reaction score
From the uninstall ReadMe:

Uninstallation

To remove almost all the software installed by VideoGlide For Mac OS X, run the "VideoGlide Uninstall" application. VideoGlide Uninstall will remove all the kernel extensions, startup items and QuickTime components related to the VideoGlide software.

The following folders will not be removed:

~/Library/Preferences/EchoFX Preferences

The ~/Library/Preferences/EchoFX Preferences folder is left intact in case you wish to reinstall the software at a later date. However, this folder may also be dragged to the Trash if desired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Have you tried using spotlight or finder? Or you can try Needful Things: Applications (I find it really good for better, deeper searches) - you might be able to find what you're looking for easier and it shows all files, right click on a file and it will show you where it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
oops that prog is called easyfind

C

chas_m

The use of the term "serial" by the OP leads me to think that perhaps this is pirated software. I would recommend (whether it is or not) to follow the uninstall instructions provided by cradom, and then get in touch with the developer about how to go about installing a clean, updated version.

OP
C
Reaction score
Easyfind did the trick, unfortunately I think it is a pirated disk (eBay). I have already sent 2 emails to the company. I think I am going to start over and pay the $29 or whatever for the program, Its not worth my time or the consequences messing around with illegal software, my son bought this without my knowledge, its a good lesson for him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.