Windows 7 Pro dual boot.

Reaction score
Okay I'v just dual booted my mac by installing windows 7 on my macbook pro but i am having a few issues:

1. When I boot Windows I get a Red light in the headphone jack, but only when using Windows. Why?

2. When I boot to Windows the wireless function doesn't work, how do I get around this issue? Is it due to drivers?

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the drivers from your OS X DVD? And have you used the Boot Camp software update from within Windows to download the latest versions of Boot Camp? The red light problem is well known and can be fixed by installing the latest versions of Boot Camp.

OP
D
Reaction score
No i didn't, should i have done that when i got the laptop?
And i don't understand how you mean about the boot Camp, i just started the up bootcamp up and asked to install windows, inserted disc and thats all I've done.
I installed windows using Boot Camp Assistant 4.0 (424)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, I meant after installing Windows 7, did you insert the driver disk you made and allow it to install the drivers? You did make a driver disk after downloading from Apple, right? Also, since you have Boot Camp 4.0, read the FAQ provided by Apple. LINK

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey, nah i didn't because when i tried to download them the first times it cancelled the download for some reason, but finally did that last night and now it is sorted, Thanks for that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Glad you got it sorted out. Have fun and visit often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.