• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Starbucks giving out free apps in the US

Reaction score
Starbucks giving out free apps in the US

starbuckslogo816.jpg
Now when you go into Starbucks, you could walk away with a free paid application instead of a bonus music track. According to Cnet, Starbucks recently launched a "Pick of the Week" program that lets you download a new app each week.

The free app offer works the same way Starbucks free music track offer has for years. You buy a coffee or snack and grab a free card at the checkout register. On the back of the card is a code that you enter into iTunes to redeem your free application.

The promotion kicked off with Shazam Encore, a premium version of the music-identifying app that normally sells for US$5.99. Each week there will be a new free application for you to download while you sip your latte grande.

Starbucks giving out free apps in the US originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
God, I hate Starbucks (for many reasons) but this is a cool idea. Too bad I'll never benefit from it. Hope other businesses jump on it (I'm looking at you, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.