Can anyone recommend a good DATABASE APP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Hi

Now I've moved to the Mac I'm looking to get a database running of all the films etc I have.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a database application?

Ideally freeware... if not shareware... or I'd be open to something more expensive it really did have massive potential. But being broke I'm a freeware fan!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm assuming you mean inventory of your movies..

Download DVD Hunter for Mac - Catalog and organize your movie collection. MacUpdate.com

but just in case, there was an old thread here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/122767-freeware-database-programme.html with a few suggestions. I also remember seeing a free (I think it was) prog that you can use with your vid chat camera (it may have expanded it's abilities by now) that scans (barcodes?) in order to inventory movies books ets... I'll have to look around for it..

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Thanks Aqua! I should have been clearer - but was rushing - I want it foremost for my films but would like to use it for other things as well.

I think the link to the database thread you posted should answer my questions!

That said the two for the DVD library's you suggest do look awesome and might look into it!

Thanks

C

chas_m

Delicious Library is a great media-centric database program, very inexpensive for what it does and how fast you can catalog a large media collection (not just DVDs).

If you need more flexibility than DL offers, look at Bento (which I think is under $50). Probably the best all-around consumer-focused database on the planet.

If you're looking for a full but focused home-inventory program, there's a few good inexpensive ones out for that as well.

As for free -- well, when it comes to databases, "free" and "any good" do not go together.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome - thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.