time capsule + lion = problem?

Reaction score
Hi all.
I was planning on a buying a time capsule with a new Mac I have just purchased, which will arrive with Lion installed. Having spent a bit of time on these forums and others getting advice leading up to this purchase, I have noticed there seem to be a lot of people having trouble with the Lion/TC combo. I even noticed on the Apple website it said something along the lines of TC for Leopard and Snow Leopard will back up all your data wirelessly. So they've gone out of their way to include Lion in their TC page...?

Anyway, I got cold feet on the TC purchase with the Mac and now I'm looking for some sort of consensus from fellow Apple peeps as to whether I should pursue it? I am sure Apple will sort the issues out given the amount of work that has gone into TC, right?

Finally, apologies if this should be in the OS thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch 2020 iMac; 3.8GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 processor; 32GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5500 XT; 2 TB SSD
I have a 2TB TC backing up two mid 2010 MBPs with Lion installed on both and have had no problems. Works seamlessly with my setup.

Mark

OP
B
Reaction score
alright, well thanks for the feedback Mark. maybe i'm just stressing for no reason. i guess i'll start shopping for one. any tips on cheapest prices for australia, anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I had no problems at all. It's not any more difficult to set up than any other router.

As for purchasing one, whichever one you choose, make sure it comes from Apple's refurb store. Mac Accessories - Apple Store (Australia). I have no idea what the A$ is worth, but I'm gonna guess $199 is a good deal for a 1TB model.

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for the hot tip. i wanted a 2TB actually, but got one for $268, still well below RRP, and covered under apple care from my recent Pro purchase. awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I actually just got back from an Lion briefing at work, and part of the update to Time Machine stresses its usefulness with a TC on Lion. Things are running quite smoothly with them, so go for it!

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.