Connectivity Issues - Time Capsule, Airport Express

Reaction score
Hello.
I have the problem that some of my devices connect to the internet, and some do intermittently. I have a Time Capsule that I try to connect my MacBook Pro to wirelessly (that always works), but my PC isn't connecting, my iPad usually connects (but drops connection sometimes), my iPhone will connect only sometimes. Everything can always see the network, but they just all won't always connect. I also have an Airport Express, for iTunes, which only works about half of every day. It seems come evening time, it stops working. I'm at a complete loss. Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you have the channel set for auto or have you selected one manually in the TC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Should it not be on auto?

A lot of times to many neighbors can be on the same channel auto never has worked well in congested areas I would suggest 1,6 or 11 you can download a program called iStumbler that will show the best channel to use
with the best signal to noise and least amount of traffic. http://www.istumbler.net/

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think this could be why one compute will always stay connected, while the others have problems. As of yesterday, the pc won't even connect at all, but the mac is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Do you think this could be why one compute will always stay connected, while the others have problems. As of yesterday, the pc won't even connect at all, but the mac is fine.

It might be one of the reasons. I use a lot of things on my network and they all connect I am using an AEBS and use both 2.4GHz/ 5GHz radios. I also set the encryption for WPA2 and everything gets IPv4 with DHCP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.