Change restrictions password on iPhone 4?

Reaction score
I'm majorly addicted to using the internet, and I've decided I need to do something about it. I installed the program SelfControl on my Macbook, which allows me to block a list of selected websites for however long I choose. It doesn't give me the option to abort the time restriction, no matter what I try. Even if I delete the app, the block on my websites remains in place until the time completely elapses. This is great.

The only problem is that whenever I take these measures on my laptop, I end up resorting to visiting all my usual websites on my iPhone.

I considered getting a cell phone without all the time-wasting apps the iPhone has, but this would mean I'd also be giving up genuinely useful apps that I almost feel I need now. Of course, I don't really "need" them, but they're extremely convenient and I'd hate to give them up. :\

So for me the best solution would be to restrict my main time-wasting, not-that-useful apps (Safari and Youtube).

But the thing is, I know what my restrictions passcode is. If I know what the restrictions passcode is, I have the ability to cancel the restrictions easily. I don't want to have that ability. What I want to do is tell a family member to set the passcode and not tell me what it is. This way, once the apps are blocked, there will be nothing I can do about it.

I can't seem to find a way to reset it, though. It's a different code than the general phone passcode, which is easy to change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.