used iphone and jailbreaking help

Reaction score
My friend upgraded to a new iPhone, and said I can buy his old iphone for cheap just to use for an ipod, since he knows I don't have one. Well, he's selling it to me without the sim card. He showed me it and everything checks out... just as suspected no network just says no sim.

Well I want to jailbreak the iphone. It is 4.3.3. Will that cause the iphone to need to be activated again? Since I am going to jailbreak WITHOUT a sim card, would that happen? My friend says after research, if I tried to update or restore the iphone without a sim card, I would brick the iphone and would be rendered useless until I contact AT&T.

So can anyone tell me if it is okay for me to jailbreak the iphone without a sim card? Or is it safer to just leave it as it is because it works perfectly already? Thank you...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As long as you only jailbreak the phone and not do anything about unlocking it, the it should be fine..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.