iTunes crackling and scratching...

Reaction score
Im not sure if anyone else has noticed or had the same problem, but I've recently noticed that iTunes is making a crackling/scratching over certain points of tracks. Mainly in the quieter sections.
Im 99% sure this problem is isolated to just iTunes because if i listen to the same track on the net it plays ok, same if I drag the file to the desktop and quick view it.
I also still get the problem if I listen through headphones instead of the speakers.

Can anyone confirm that they too have the same problem or whether theres a fix or if its a known problem and theres an update in the pipeline?

C

chas_m

I have heard of this problem before, though I have not experienced it myself.

A quick search did not reveal where I saw this. You might want to check Apple's support forums. Sorry I can't be more help.

OP
DoomRider
Reaction score
I did google it and there were a few similar post dating back over about 5 years but none seemed to be isolated to iTunes alone.

I'm stumped :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.