2006 Macbook no life

Reaction score
Picked up a macbook from a buddy. From 06, It is black. Been a pc tech for a handlefull of years. Story I got from the last owner, it went dim a few times then shut off completely while watching a movie. After pushing the battery status button, only one LED lights up and blinks. The Green light on the power adapter is also very dim. Should I start my investigation with a charger or go straight to the logic board? Can I test it with a volt meter? Also, what logic board would fit this mac? Its a 2.0 dual core intel. Still green to the whole apple thing, all help is appreciated!

Reaction score
I don't know much about logic boards and all those stuff. But I do know that the MacBooks in 2006-2007, some users may have a fault with the battery. This is caused by a logic-board fault and not the battery. Also, could be that the battery is out of cycle and needs to be replaced.

Best suggest is to contact Apple or look for a logic-board in eBay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.