Help getting iTunes library back on computer

L

LeicaM13

Hello All,

My goal was to transfer a users iTunes library to a new external drive. I was too stupid to understand and follow some steps from other threads so It seems I improvised for the worse. It seems I successfully trashed and emptied the library from the computer although the song list still shows up in iTunes. I was trying to transfer the library from the computer to a new external drive. The library never showed up in the external folder I designated in the preferences in iTunes. I think I trashed the library before consolidating in advanced. At any rate the library shows up on the computer screen but it cannot seem to find any of the songs. About the only good news is that all of the songs are still on the iPod. Can you help me to get the music to play on the computer again under a specific user and then to ultimately get that darned library onto my external drive so i can have a little space to perform some other imaging tasks.

Thanks,,

LeicaM13 :p

OP
S

suculantoyster

LeicaM13 said:
Hello All,

My goal was to transfer a users iTunes library to a new external drive. I was too stupid to understand and follow some steps from other threads so It seems I improvised for the worse. It seems I successfully trashed and emptied the library from the computer although the song list still shows up in iTunes. I was trying to transfer the library from the computer to a new external drive. The library never showed up in the external folder I designated in the preferences in iTunes. I think I trashed the library before consolidating in advanced. At any rate the library shows up on the computer screen but it cannot seem to find any of the songs. About the only good news is that all of the songs are still on the iPod. Can you help me to get the music to play on the computer again under a specific user and then to ultimately get that darned library onto my external drive so i can have a little space to perform some other imaging tasks.

Thanks,,

LeicaM13 :p

There are a variety of programs available (some pay, some free) that can transfer your ipod music library to your computer or back up drive. I used a custom automator workflow called ipod retrieve and it works great. Here's a link to it...
"http://www.resexcellence.com/app-makeovers.shtml"

Reaction score
try downloading "senuti" (itunes spelled backwards) it allows you to rip any and every song you want off an ipod and onto your mac. So you could just use your ipod as the external hd. btw...the best part...it's free!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.