office mac 2011 home student

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 macbook pro, mid 2010 iMac 27", mid 2012 macbook air, ipad mini & iPad 2 + the phones
hey everyone

so my wife bought me,for my birthday office for mac 2011

loaded fine on my macbook pro but not on iMac. both macs are i5 the iMac, which won't install the software, is a iMac i5 27" both operating systems are lion too from the app store if that helps both. please help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
By wont install, does it crash or throw up a dialogue box

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 macbook pro, mid 2010 iMac 27", mid 2012 macbook air, ipad mini & iPad 2 + the phones
When I try to install it asks me to choose from an app or let app store suggest a program. So it's like it doesn't have the correct installation program.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mac Office 2011 Home and Student is not sold in the Mac app store. Unless your wife purchased the 3 install pack, you can only install Office 2011 one time and activate it. If you attempt to install it again on another machine it will fail to activate.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry its a family pack. The packaging states 3 users on the separate macs. Shush is what I need. The problem with the install was on the iMac. It seemed to think that there was no application on the iMac that could initiate the install. However the MacBook pro had no trouble. Both machines are the i5 and were upgraded to lion from snow leopard at the same time with the same software.

Reaction score
it is MS, what do you expect? Nothing works right on the first go....

anyways, I am assuming you have the optical drive and not the web downloaded dmg file. I would check the drive manually and pull out the dmg on the desktop and try to install from there. Let us know if you at least found the dmg file.

If not, you can contact MS CSR and they will provide a link for the same.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it is MS, what do you expect? Nothing works right on the first go....

anyways, I am assuming you have the optical drive and not the web downloaded dmg file. I would check the drive manually and pull out the dmg on the desktop and try to install from there. Let us know if you at least found the dmg file.

If not, you can contact MS CSR and they will provide a link for the same.

I know I'm hating having to use it but the formatting issue between pages & numbers to word and excel forced my hand. I have the original system DVDs, provided with my iMac, so I formatted the harddrive and started again loading snow leopard, applications, ms office then lion. Everything now works fine and the original issue I had with internet connection, failing on connect on initial start up, seems to be resolved also. I know this doesn't show what the problem was, however, it's now fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Office 2011 is a fast rock steady application. Make sure you update using 'Help - Check for Update".

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Office 2011 is a fast rock steady application. Make sure you update using 'Help - Check for Update".

Yeah it seems to be so far. I update all software when possible checking for updates weekly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.