2007 Macbook Pro re-model

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
Hey everyone, i wanted to start a thread to collect idea's on "re-modelling" my old 2007 macbook pro.

I like my unibody MBP, but there is something about that old design of macbook pro that will always have a little place in my apple heart :p

Here are the issues, the battery get's unusually hot (i know that a certain degree of heat is normal for all notebooks, especially MBP) but this is so hot it either shuts the computer completely down, it freezes, or the screen turns grey.

What i'm looking to do: I either want to restore this MBP back to it's prime using new components OR just do some crazy modification, for example installing google chrome OS (something to this effect)

Has anyone done a similar project to this, and/or has ideas on what i should do??

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.