Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne graphics issues.

Reaction score
I am getting frustrated here, since this isn't the first problem I have had with Lion.

I have made a fairly fresh install of Lion (MBP was shipped with SL but I got the Lion for free so I barely did anything on it before) and now my Warcraft III installation shows dark areas in the menu. TM Nations Forever did the same after I tried to install it. It's graphics are somewhat distorted and randomly positioned. I don't know if this is an Intel HD issue or not because my other MBP with Nvidia 320M doesn't do such thing.

There is so much wrong with Lion and there is too much that simply doesn't work for me to like it. :Angry:

Anybody has any similar distorted graphics issues in Lion and/or the early 2011 mbp? It appears to be a gaming issue only. Safari or anything else doesn't act weird. At least not this way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There is so much wrong with Lion and there is too much that simply doesn't work for me to like it. :Angry:

How is it Lion's fault that a developer hasn't updated their game for it yet?

And how is it Lion's fault that you didn't do your due diligence to ensure your apps would work before you chose to upgrade to a new OS?

OP
C
Reaction score
I patched it beforehand and it works on my other MBP. It doesn't on the other one - the menu is distorted, the game itself runs fine. So I am assuming it's an Intel HD 3000 + Lion issue.

And yes, I ensured my apps would work. And they do. They just don't work correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
And yes, I ensured my apps would work. And they do. They just don't work correctly.

Well then they obviously don't work. Where does Warcraft 3 say it's 100% compatible with Lion? I can't find it.

And again, how does someone else's app not working correctly because it's not Lion compatible become Apple's fault?

OP
C
Reaction score
Well then they obviously don't work. Where does Warcraft 3 say it's 100% compatible with Lion? I can't find it.

And again, how does someone else's app not working correctly because it's not Lion compatible become Apple's fault?
Again, it works 100% with my mid-2010 MBP and Lion. It however doesn't work with the early 2011 one.

I didn't mean to blame Apple, sorry. I'm just not keen on other things that happened to me with Lion and so I am quite infuriated at times. I just need a cup of tea and chill out. :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.