Tring to get music from my ipod

Reaction score
Many years ago, when I was a PC user, I got an iPod 30G. My PC died, and I never tried to get the movies and music off the iPod.

Now I am in the process of merging all of my itunes from all my computers, and getting the music files from all my phones into a single iTunes account.

So here is the problem. The 30G iPod is PC formatted, and I downloaded iTunes to my PC at work, and now when I try to sync, it says I can only sync to the PC's library (nothing) or transfer my itunes purchases.

Is there any way I can get my files from the Ipod to the iTunes? I have a lot of music and movies I really do not want to loose. :'(

If I still had the computer, I could just get the files, but it is long gone.

Anyone know what I can do to save the music and movies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There have been quite a few of tools that can do that over the years, but in doing some checking, all the free ones have not seen updates in years. One in particular, which hadn't seen an update since 2004, apparently wiped out one user's music completely when used in Snow Leopard.

Your best bet is probably iRip. The developer has maintained it and has a good rep for simple but effective software. At 20 bucks, it's a little pricey, but I don't know if I'd trust anything else today.
Download iRip for Mac - Transfer songs, videos, books, contacts, and more from your iPod or iPhone to your Mac. MacUpdate.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.