Powerbook g4 RAM

S

Shiv3r

Hey all, quick question, can the new powerbook G4s support 1 512 ram module and another 1gb ram module, or do they have to be paired? Because it'd be cheaper for me to buy from apple store with 1 512, and then later buy a 1gb. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
You can mix them. I did that for a short time before I got my 2nd 1GB stick. Worked great.

OP
J

jigster

Shiv3r said:
Hey all, quick question, can the new powerbook G4s support 1 512 ram module and another 1gb ram module, or do they have to be paired? Because it'd be cheaper for me to buy from apple store with 1 512, and then later buy a 1gb. thanks

Its cheaper to buy from other vendors. I just ordered 1gig from newegg.com.
LINK

You can also check out mac-sales.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17" 1.67 GHz 1.5 GB RAM 100GB 60GB 5G iPod
I use 1.5 GB of RAM and it works great.

OP
S

speedydave

I also use 1.5GB of RAM and it works fine. Just make sure you buy a reputable brand to avoid any issues down the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Pretty much any RAM that is the same specs (except size, of course) as your's will work, but don't be tempted by the super cheap stuff. Only buy from reputable brands with a good warranty (Kingston, Apple).

I've been running Omni-Tech 1GB stick for about a month now with no problems.

Reaction score
The 1gb chip from apple is insanely priced though IMO.
I would think it would be cheaper especially if you are buying a computer off them and having a direct upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.