Moving / Resizing Formatting Palette (Word / Excel 2008)

Reaction score
I have a workstation where I have multiple monitors and I use a HengeDock to dock my MacBook. The setup is awesome in a billion ways, but it's definitely caused some hassle in terms of moving / resizing windows when I switch from using the docking station to using the laptop by itself.

I've been able to solve almost every window moving/resizing problem EXCEPT dealing with the "Formatting Palette" in Word and Excel. On the Word side, I have an Applescript that I execute to resize the active window, and I use a convenient keyboard shortcut to bring it up. *(see below for the applescript I'm using)

Unfortunately, even when the window is resized, the Formatting Palette stays where it is, and I always end up having to move it manually.

I've found some forums online where folks say to use the following script to move the Formatting Palette:
tell application "Microsoft Word"
tell command bar "formatting palette"
set visible to true
set {top, left position} to {100, 700}
end tell
end tell

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried changing the position, and it has no effect whatsoever. The Formatting Palette just sits there, stubborn as a mule.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or another way to easily automate moving the Formatting Palette?

And, while I'm at it, does anyone know if there's a way to resize a particular panel within the Formatting Palette? I have a ton of styles that I use, and I'd love to have the Styles panel show more than 5 styles at a time...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

APPLESCRIPT TO RESIZE WORD WINDOW:
set menubarHeight to 22
set screenWidth to word 3 of (do shell script "defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver | grep -w Width") as number
set screenHeight to word 3 of (do shell script "defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver | grep -w Height") as number

tell application "Microsoft Word"
activate
set the bounds of active window to {40, menubarHeight, (screenWidth * 0.86), screenHeight * 0.9}
end tell

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.