Battery question for MacBook

Reaction score
I can't charge my battery to 100%. It stops at 99% and the indicator light on the charging cable shows red. What is it trying to tell me?

Reaction score
I have the same issue, charges to 99% but the light is green. I called apple, they suggested unplugging it, letting it go down all the way and then recharging. If I do that it will go to 100% but eventually goes back down to 99. Whats up with that?

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried running it down several times but it would never charge past 99% but the light always stayed amber. Now this is going to sound strange, but after a recent thunderstorm with several power outages, I noticed the green light was on and my battery was charged to 100%. The machine was turned off and plugged into a surge suppressor. Maybe the line got a little constipated and needed a shock to get the electrons flowing again ! ! ! lol Good luck with yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.