mac pro cannot see new SATA drive...please help!!!Urgent!!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone:
Thanks for coming to see or solve my issue.
I got a Macbook Pro. When It worked fine by one day when I turn the laptop on, got a folder and question mark. I inserted the USB disk uitility trying to fix by that, but no disk appear at all to let me repair or reinstall OS further. I doubt maybe something wrong with Harddisk itself. I took disk out, put in external enclosure. It works! I can view and copy all files in harddisk. When I put back to MAC (tired at least 5 times) and press option. Only one time allow me to select OS (i got mac and winxp). However, it was hanging when i selected OS.

So i buy another Seagate 200g 7200 disk. But the mac can see Disk but can not partition disk. I googled and found might be caused by firmware issue. Coz at the back of the original disk(HITACHI 160g5400) I took from mac shown APPLE HDD FIRMWARE 2008. I am not sure if i have to use specific disk which provided by apple. then i bought another HITACHI 500g 5400 and tried it on. System can not find disk at all, even in disk utility and windows OS installation environment!!!! worse than the Seagate one!!!
I've been driving crazy now!!!

I also tried to clone the original disk to new Seagate disk (coz origianl disk is still accessible and i think it might fix the firmware issue). Clone was successfu. But when i put cloned Seagate into mac. SOMETIMES showed OS, but sometime doesn't, sometime only have long write screen.... when i select OS, it freezed again.

I took original disk out and run as external on WINXP, tried DOS chkdsk and chkdsk/r. put back to mac. doesn't work too.

What I can do now!!!
I can either reload system scratch or repair by someway....

I'VE been googled for couple of hours but nobody give me a right proper solutions.

Is anyone can help me????PLEASE!!!ONLINE WAIT!!!

OP
I
Reaction score
or anybody can give me a right hard disk recommendation so I can get and install straight away.
Can I get the right one from Apple store???
The laptop is MACBOOK PRO 13'

PS: Two new disk I used are all shown as SATA (I think not SATA2)

Thanks.

OP
I
Reaction score
MY BOOK SPECIFICATION
MacBook PRO
Intel Core 2Duo
CPU 2.26GHZ
L2 CACHE: 3MB
MEMORY: 2g
BOOT ROM version: MBP55.00AC.B03

I can see disk in disk utility but when i choose startup disk in utility, only show network startup

OP
I
Reaction score
called APPLE Service, tell me have to take to the shop for diagnosing. fault quotation is gonna cost me $66dollars. Only Troubleshoot fault!!!!!
I know what the **** is wrong....RAM TESTED. NO PROBLEM. HARD DISK NO PROB.
Only possible caused is harddisk frimware issue or mainboard.
I really can not do anything with board..
Before checking board, any guy got similar experience and right solutions????
PLZ PLZ~~~~~~~~~~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.