MBPro won't shut down after Lion upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I upgraded from problem free Snow Leopard to Lion and now my MB pro will not shut down. Just hangs on grey screen with spinning dirvish forever until I force it off with the power button.

No such problem with MB Air I just bought with factory Lion installed.

Anyone else seen this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you've closed all open windows and applications that you may be using. Also, go into System Preferences, General, and remove the check from the box that states: "Restore windows when quitting..." See if that helps.

Also, the first couple of times when shutting Lion down (especially if have open applications or windows) will take longer.

OP
wolfpuppies3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
A thousand thanks to

Chscag. That did it for me. Installed Lion on day one of availability and this issue has been with me daily until I just did as you suggested. I'll have to check the new MB Air settings but that was a factory install and I have had no issues with it thus far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.