Ipod Nano charging proble

Reaction score
My girlfriends sister bought a new ipod nano and it's great but she is having a problem charging it. When you plug it in it shows as charging while syncing up with the pc but then it stops charging. She has it hooked up to a Dell laptop through usb 1.0. If any of you knows something or has seen this problem any help would be appreciated

B

Badger

Offhand I would guess that the USB 1 port does not provide enough power to charge the iPod. She may have to get a charger unless she can use another computer with USB 2 or Firewire.

Reaction score
i use a usb1 and it works fine, Maybe its actually charging and not just showing it?

G

gdestiny

Ender81 said:
My girlfriends sister bought a new ipod nano and it's great but she is having a problem charging it. When you plug it in it shows as charging while syncing up with the pc but then it stops charging. She has it hooked up to a Dell laptop through usb 1.0. If any of you knows something or has seen this problem any help would be appreciated
i think some of the older USB 1.0 ports do not provide enough juice to charge ipods. try charging it on a newer computer w/ USB 2.0 ports, and use the USB ports ON THE BACK, instead of the FRONT USB ports.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.