Some movies will not play on Apple TV but OK on iMac

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a ton of movies on my iMac and share them to my iPad etc. Yesterday I converted Rapunzel as I have done with any other movie. It works fine on my iMac when I click it in iTunes or via frontrow, but I cannot start it on my AppleTV. When I try the 'working circle is displayed for a few seconds then it jumps back to the movie overview. All other movies work fine so far. It also works on my iPad, but not on the Apple TV.
I have also tried to stream from both iPad and iMac, but then it stops and jump out to the respective menus.
I have never experienced this before and it has started after I updated the software on the AppleTV

Anyone experiencing the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is it just this move?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Google, download and try Handbrake on this movie. It has a proven track record and works well (plus it's free). Use the Apple TV preset and see what happens.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have done that. I moved from Handbrake to this as I could not get Handbrake to work with movies that I had purchased

Google, download and try Handbrake on this movie. It has a proven track record and works well (plus it's free). Use the Apple TV preset and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have done that. I moved from Handbrake to this as I could not get Handbrake to work with movies that I had purchased

I've use HB four years and had very little trouble with it. Not sure what your issue is but it's been the one of the most reliable bits of open source software I've found. Then again, Disney movies are notorious for having problems.

BTW, this subject is pretty much not allowed to be discussed here....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.