airport extreme and NAS not playing well when the internet is applied?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro 3,1
So i just hooked up the airport extreme and had a USB hard drive plugged into the USB port and an ethernet (NAS) hard drive plugged into one of the ethernet gigabit ports working flawlessly. then i plugged in the Internet cable into the WAN port and the internet works but the ethernet hard drive wont connect anymore? Im wondering if the airport extreme isnt capable of handling the internet and the ethernet hd at the same time??? any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It certainly can, I have that working right now. Try resetting your Airport. Could also be a settings issue in your NAS

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro 3,1
Mine no workie.... I have tried resetting AE a few times with no luck. MyBook shows up on the left toolbar in finder as MyBookLive but when i try and select it, it says it failed to connect after about 10 seconds of looking for it. The MyBookLive-backup that is right below MyBookLive in the finder fails instantly. When I try to manually adjust the AE settings using Airport Utility, the USB drive i have plugged into AE is the only drive that shows up, MyBookLive isnt even recognized at that point. My Internet is in the Bridged mode (dont know what that means, but airport utility set it up like that so the internet works). Any idea as to why my NAS isnt being recognized?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Which OS do you have? If it's Lion it could very well be that the MyBook needs a software update to be Lion compatible.

Reaction score
Something that I've had to do is unplug the NAS from the AEBS and plug it into your computer. Unmount it using your computer and then plug it back into the AEBS.

That seems to do the trick for mine. If it wasn't unmounted properly then it will kick my internet off and give me the amber light when I plug it in. Turning the NAS on and off a few times will not work either, I have to plug it in to my macbook and then unmounted it.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.