• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumor has iPhone 5 being joined by 'iCloud iPhone'

Reaction score
Rumor has iPhone 5 being joined by 'iCloud iPhone'

iphone5-mockup2.jpg
The low-cost iPhone Apple may be launching this fall is internally known as the "iCloud iPhone," three anonymous sources claim. While Apple is still expected to launch a separate iPhone 5, the iCloud iPhone will allegedly offer a cheaper option at the expense of most of its flash storage. Owners would therefore be dependent on iCloud and other Internet services for access to things like music, documents and video....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Id rather have the iPhone, iCloud doesnt interest me in the least.

Reaction score
Hmm...doesn't make much sense to me...I mean, don't you need that storage just to store what comes off the cloud? Or am I thinking this all too wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch 2020 iMac; 3.8GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 processor; 32GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5500 XT; 2 TB SSD
I hesitate to think what type of data plan you would need to stream all the data (photos, music, etc.) back to this iCloud phone.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I highly doubt this rumor. It requires too much data usage and it would leave a person in the lurch if they couldn't get a 3G connection. Doesn't make sense or seem practical. I say false.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.