Locking a document in Pages?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Hi all,

I am wanting to lock a document in pages. Not password protect, but ensure that no changes can be made to the document by other people I send it to.

Is there a way to do this?

NOTE: just realised I posted this in the wrong forum. Apologies. Can it be moved?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
With the most current versions of Pages, once you've saved the file once, you hover over the file name at the top of the document, and you'll see a small triangle appear. Click on the triangle, and you'll see options to lock the document.

If you're really concerned about someone editing the original, you might consider saving the document to a read-only disk image and send the disk image instead of just the document. They would be able to edit copies, but the original would remain intact.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Why not just send it as a PDF?

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
wow. why did I not think of that??? thanks guys / girls!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.