Language Settings | Contextual Menu

Reaction score
Hi there,

I installed OS X Lion a few weeks ago and things are running fine. However, today I was attempting to use the contextual menu to copy some text (rather than option+c) and in the menu I get a language setting that I don't understand.
I posted a screen shot of this.

Is there a way to reset it to English rather than what appears to be Arabic? I see the word "iTunes" but I have no idea why the language setting is in another language. Thanks for the help!

flyout.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't answer your question because I can not duplicate what you saw in the context menu. I just tried copying from the context menu after highlighting a group of words, and everything appears normal.

What application were you using at the time or what were you trying to copy?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Everything was good here, until about 2 days ago the language change occurred. The only update I did was to Perian.

I was using Safari and no matter what I highlight to copy, the language comes up as text to speech. Nothing else in the context menu is affected. I've gone through the speech settings and can't find anything in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's try this:

Open System Preferences, Speech. Click on the "Text to Speech" tab. Make sure none of the boxes are checked. If they are, remove the check marks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.