Merge several PNG files into 1 file

Reaction score
I have 900 separate PNG files that I would like to merge into 1 file.

In other words, I want to be able to open the file and have 900 "pages"

I know how to do this with a PDF but it doesn't seem to work with PNG files in Preview.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
PNG isn't really format that supports the concept of pages. You'd effectively end up with a single image.

if you're looking to do a collage.. maybe try something like this http://www.shapecollage.com/

OP
T
Reaction score
I don't want a collage.

I want to be able to scroll down and see the images.

Basically, I am doing research on Facebook content and I have done screen shots of several months of posts (not my own). I want to take these images and just put them into 1 file...á la 900 pages in 1 file. This would allow me to scroll through the pages and read the content.

This was the only way I could save the content from last year posted on FB.

So, I don't want to do anything with the images other than put then all in one file rather than having 900 files in a folder.

OP
T
Reaction score
One option may be to convert the PNG files to PDF and then just combine them into 1 file since that is feasible.

However, now I have to find a free batch converter from PNG to PDF.

I checked out Automator but the Change type of Image option does not have PDF as an option.

OP
T
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iMac
@Trolle, I managed to create a workflow application to convert many of the screenshot png files into a single pdf. 1) Ask for finder items, and check the "allow multiple selections" box. 2) New PDF from Images- and to rename the pdf each time make sure to select "show this action when the workflow runs." Then save as application. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.