IWEB Update Offsets Navigational Bars???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 3.1 Running OS X 10.6.7 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel 160 GB Hard Drive
IWEB Update Offsets Navigational Bars???

I just installed the update for IWeb. All the navigational bars on all my websites are now off. It is no longer WYSIWYG. In IWeb the template fonts look great and are balanced. On the actual website, they now create a secondary line and move the content box down ruining the visual appearance.

Has anyone else experienced this? How have you remedied this glitch in the program update?

Thank you in advance for your helpfulness.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 3.1 Running OS X 10.6.7 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel 160 GB Hard Drive
What seems to have happened as I figure is the following:

Under System Preferences; Software Update; Installed Software we have a list of recent updates. Among them are iWeb 3.0.4 and UNFORTUNATELY Snow Leopard Font Update 1.0 which has an ARIAL FONT that is larger in size than previous. Safari update 5.1 also comes into the package. As such all your designs using the ARIAL font will be completely out of proportion in your browser - and we know what that can do to a page design where 1px makes a visual difference.

I have gone back and edited my website based on how it appears in my browser and not as it now appears in iWeb which is very sad. How this will affect the visuals in cyberspace is beyond me. If you have a clue as to how to fix this, please let me know. I am a newbie at MAC (about three months) and am just getting my feet wet.

Next step is figuring out how to uninstall the update. Will keep you posted.

=) Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.