Assassin's Creed and Logitech F310

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been searching and google-ing but have not come up with a lot of information. I have a gamepad that I am trying to use with Assassin's Creed II (Mac version) but am running into trouble. The gamepad itself is recognized in system info but not in the game. I have downloaded GamePad Companion and have taken the time to map the gamepad controls in accordance with the standard keyboard layout. This does not work either. The first thing that happens is the mouse no longer works in game once I have set up the software. To get the game to work again I have to manually go in and delete the com.ubisoft..... folder from Library/Saved Application State. At which point the game will resume normal working condition with the mouse. (When the mouse stops working the game will also not shut down and force close does not work. I am forced to hold the power button and restart my mac to get out of the game.)

I have read online that there are no drivers for the gamepad because it is supposed to natively work in Mac. All this to say, has anyone else had the problem I described? Has anyone gotten a my gamepad or anyone in general to work in this game on Mac? Any suggestions to try or other gamepad mapping software to try? I also read that the gamepad must be in the "D" input on the back of the controller. I have been doing all my testing in that but it does not seem to make a difference if I change to "X" input.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro OS X 10.7 Lion
Assassin's Creed - Digital Purchase/Download
Logitech Controller F310

Reaction score
Same problem here too. So Frustrating. Not using Gamepad, just keyboard and mouse.. Pretty far in the game and now mouse won't work at all in game... HELP PLEASE!!!

OP
F
Reaction score
Re: Wadiz

Hey WADIZ,
Go to the folder "Library/Saved Appication State" and look for the folder that is named something like com.ubisoft.assassins creed or similar. I can't remember the name of it, but if you delete that folder then your mouse comes back and the freeze on shutdown goes away. (Assuming it's a similar problem to what I have.)

I hope this helps. Also if your Library folder doesn't show up then you have to show it. It is a "hidden" folder. I'm new to Mac, 1 week, so I would have to check it to tell you precisely how to do it, but I think you can also google for it.

-FruitLoopMT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch: 2.7GHz 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2560 x 1440 resolution 4GB (two 2GB) memory 1TB hard.
hi frootloopmt did u get any further forward wit this problem as I am suffering with the same problem..... please advise

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.