iPhone 4 drivers won't recognize on Windows 7

Reaction score
Hey,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.8, and running the Windows 7 Home Premium Anytime Upgrade version which means it needs to have a Vista pre-installed first, and can't do a fresh install.

I tried multiple tutorials on trying to get Windows 7 to recognize my iPhone drivers. In Control Panel then Device Manager, and in Other Devices. The iPhone is showing up as a yellow exclamation mark. I tried updating the drivers manually by pointing where the drivers are located at, and no luck. I tried going into Services by stopping the Apple Mobile Device, and the services won't start. I tried removing and then installing iTunes, and it doesn't work. Someone recommend unplugging the PC then removing the CMOS battery. I don't go inside of my PC. However I did unplug the PC, and it doesn't work. I'm going around and around on forums to fix my solution. I have not got a resolved response.

I have a jailbroken iPhone. I'm trying to sync my iPhone then do a restore. I heard with a jailbroken device, it stops at the boot logo from erasing directly on the device.

Would there be a solution to mark this thread RESOLVED?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Does not belong in the "Lounge". Please take the time to read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

OP
P
Reaction score
Moved. Does not belong in the "Lounge". Please take the time to read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

I am so very sorry. I thought maybe it relates to Windows OS. I didn't see any Windows sections. I was either deciding to post in The Lounge, or the iPhone section. My bad.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you've already done all the troubleshooting Apple suggests when a device won't connect to Windows, I'd take the phone in to Apple and let them do a factory reset.

Have had 2 friends that went through all the troubleshooting and helps that never got their iDevices working with Win 7 until they did that - one with an iPhone and one with the iPod Classic. Neither of them were charged anything and both were outside the warranty. Both of them had brand new computers, where their device worked with their old one, but not the new one.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you. Would it be possible if I do a factory reset? How could it be done?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can't. We tried that on their devices doing a reset from another machine that would recognize their device. It was a no go. There is something different about the factory reset they do in store than the reset us general peons can do on our computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.