• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

At this rate, there won't be a tablet market, just an iPad market

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds to me like Apple is using it patents and the courts to on one hand avoid the dreaded monopoly claim, while potentially becoming one by order of the courts themselves. Looks like they learned something from watching MS fight off their challenges and monopoly inverstigations.

While this is a smart and (dubiously) legal tactic, I'm not sure I like the idea of other competition being forced out because of how a court interperates patents that may be so vaguely written as to make the topic of this post a violation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.