Saving a large webpage frame

Reaction score
I have been trying various options out there but nothing works and my browser eventually crashes, so I'm turning to the forum for any suggestions.

I work at a university. I am doing research in social media. I have to analyze the content of an airline's Facebook page from April 2010 to about June 2010 (I want to see how FB was used during the ash crisis in Europe). This is a lot of content that I would like to save so I can go back to it when necessary.

When using FB you can see older posts by clicking on the Older Posts link. I found a macro (iMacro) that allowed me do this automatically in Firefox (the recorder in Mac and the automator were not able to do this in Safair/Firefox). So, I can get to the date range needed; it takes about 1 hour to get there.

I have not found a reasonable way to save the content. I have tried:
  • Copy/paste into MS Word (this works but the format is messed up)
  • Save the page as a PDF
  • Numerous image capture add-ons (most won't capture the entire frame or cause the browser to crash)

There are some third-party apps that allow users to back-up their FB posts, but I don't want to back-up my own posts, I want to save the posts from an open forum.

So, does anyone out there have any suggestions? I spent 2 whole days trying different things to no avail.

I could actually print the FB page, but that would include all posts from today to April 2010...a lot of paper!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.