Snow Leopard Install Problem At 27 Minutes

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Mac Mini. The 320 gig hard drive malfunctioned, and yes, it is out of warranty. So, I picked up a 750 gig Seagate drive and installed it. When attempting to install Snow Leopard from the grey disk that came with the computer, the install gives me an error message, then says Install Failed Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. I have followed the instructions on the apple site ( Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install ) to the letter and it hangs and gives the messgae at 27 minutes remaining in the install. I have a brand new in the box copy of Snow Leopard which has never been used. I get the same message at exactly the same install point using that. I made a install thumb drive and again, I get the same message at the exact same spot. I have insured that the drive was formatted correctly, the journaled option and that there was one partition and that GUID was selected prior to erasing the drive. Does the Mac not support Seagate drives? Is there something that I am overlooking? Perhaps a different process for installing the OS on a new drive? Keep in mind that the original drive is toast and I dont have another apple product available. Any assistance, throughts, suggestions would be most greatfully appreciated. Also, if this question has already been asked and answered, I apologize, I was unable to locate anything along these lines anywhere else using the search forum feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.