New macbook air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
anyone used the new mmacbook air yet or have one. I am using one right now and and it is very fast compared to my macbook pro from 2010.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum, does not belong in the "Lounge".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Have both

MB Air 11.5", 256/1.8 i7 and a 2010 MB Pro 15.5". Love the little Air. Eminently more haulable than the MB Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
I am typing this on my 2011 11inch i5 128GB 4GB ram stock model,

Had it for 2 weeks now. Lightning fast for my needs as soon as it boots i click safari iTunes twitter mail pages and they all open simultaneously and FAST.

Another thing i find eerie is the noise or lack of it does not make a sound in normal operation, although i will say curled up on the sofa if i block the back of the screen hinge with my clothes then the fans do kick up or playing a bit of lego batman :) (which i might add it runs perfectly well apart from the fans running full speed)

The build quality is as you would expect - absolutely amazing, the fit and finish is second to none and the packaging it arrives in is beautiful also as we have come to expect from apple.

The only thing i am struggling with at the moment is the battery i am yet to get five hours out of it BUT haven't really properly calibrated it and I've only used it for about 6 cycles.

Basically for my needs this computer is everything i need and more i think last years models would have done me but i was happy to wait a couple of months to get the latest tech and the backlit keyboard alone made it worth it.

All in all incase you hadn't guessed i am a massive fan of the air and i also believe that the air is the direction Apple is moving i think the next MBP will have silver bezels around the screen and will ditch the black glass, this may not matter to everyone but if you want to own a little piece of Jonny Ives latest vision for the future then the Air is definitely the one to get.

P.S Have I mentioned it could be a work of art?

Regards & sorry for the long post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.