App for archives zip etc.

Reaction score
Hi Is there a good free apps for opening archives zip etc in mac maybe something like winrar? in windows.

OP
J
Reaction score
Archive zip

Hi thanks for reply.

I tried the archive and the unarchiver plus your sugestion Xrar.

Cant get them to work, is there not a zip program that when you click on or drag the zip file it so opens the archive program so you can see whats in the archive and then tell it which folder it should open it in?

I must say i find mac very difficult to work with, its so much easier in windows, but i will keep on trying to give mac a chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Double-click the zip file, it'll uncompress it into a folder and then move the folder where you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Ah I see, it automatically extracts to a folder if you just click the .zip file but you want to view the list of files in the archive if I understand you correctly.

If that is the case, I found an application here: BetterZip 2 - The Next Generation of Archiving havent tried it myself though. But it seems like something you are looking for..?

OP
J
Reaction score
Zip archive

Hi Strukt

Wow thanks that works a treat Betterzip just like winrar.

I am learning something new about mac everyday now, its just like when i started 20 years ago with windows 3.0.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.