• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie convert to MP-4

Reaction score
Handbrake will not accept iMovie file for conversion so I can put it into MP-4 for iTunes so I can get it onto my iPad.....any info. New here so haven't researched every thread out there, thanks M3P

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You should be able to export an iTunes/iOS friendly file from iMovie. I no longer have iMovie installed but one of the export options should be something that is setup to be optimized for iOS devices. What are you presented with when you go to export your final project?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
iMovie has its own export capability, you may want to explore that (it can export with various options, one of which should be compatible with the iPad - I don't use iMovie generally so I can't tell you which one is best to use). If you're attempting to load the iMovie project package in Handbrake, it won't work - it's not a traditional video file that you can just load into a program that converts codecs/containers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can Share from iMovie11 to iTunes via the Share menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.