• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Toggle Mac OS X 10.7 Lion New Features On / Off With Lion Tweaks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Anyone tried this utility yet?
I'm curious if I've made some tweaks already, will installing this thing recognize those changes and reflect them or will it put everything back to default settings and I'll have to make all changes via this app? I'll wait for someone else to try it and report here...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just tried it. It leaves the tweaks you already made intact - such as unhiding the library folder, scroll bars, no resume, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Just tried it. It leaves the tweaks you already made intact - such as unhiding the library folder, scroll bars, no resume, etc.

Sweet! Thanks for posting that. :)

C

chas_m

I have to be honest and say that I might decide to unhide the User Library folder ... but apart from that I'm not finding any reason to tweak anything. Apple already provided ways to turn off things you don't like (or ignore them), and I have surprised myself this week by deciding to turn BACK ON "natural scrolling" and give it a more honest go ... the surprising part is that it's now totally "natural" to me. I'm sure I could switch back if I wanted ... the human brain is a very adaptable thing ... but the AADD types may never give it a fair shake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
I think it has been well documented that Lion brings the best of iOS to the Mac so I cannot understand why people upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard if they do not like the change?

I found some of the changes un-natural at first but having persevered with them they all now make perfect sense and the gestures and the swipes all work seamless now from one device to another.

The way I see it is its very much like buying a Mac after being a long time Windows user. You can roll with the changes and adopt the OSX style or you can be stuck in old ways and stick Windows back on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm sure I could switch back if I wanted ... the human brain is a very adaptable thing ... but the AADD types may never give it a fair shake.

I have no doubt anyone could force themselves to get used to it, it's how we work.

But the issue I have is that I have a MBP at home with Lion so yes I can natural scroll on that. For work, I use a Windows machine. Switching back and forth would drive me nuts.

And what about people in that situation who also have other Macs that aren't on Lion?

Maybe once there's a critical mass of machines that can do it or Windows ever picks it up. But until then, it's just not natural.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.