Bettertouchtool gesture help needed (Application Switcher)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5
Hi - I am running Lion and wanted to recreate the old Snow Leopard gesture of 4-finger side swipe to show all running apps. So, with bettertouchtool, I selected the appropriate 4-finger swipe gesture, and added the action "Application Switcher", which seems to work. But I have a glitch: when I try to cycle through the running apps by tabbing, the first tab OPENS the next app, rather than highlights it. In Snow Leopard, when you show the running apps, you can tab through them until you reach the app you want to show (then open it with a click, etc.). The same glitch applies to hitting a directional key -- it opens, rather than highlights, the next (or previous) open app.

Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
solution

Hi friend, I had the same issue. Here is the solution (source: Federiko at osx - Toggle between applications via four finger gesture? - Apple - Stack Exchange)

The best way to do this is with one of the more obscure settings in BetterTouchTool It works like this: A three fingered right swipe brings up the application switcher. Lift one finger to covert it into a two finger swipe and slide to whichever application you want.

It becomes an incredible natural and fluid gesture The beauty of the gesture is that it works anywhere on the screen and you don't have to position the mouse over the icons.

In BTT assign the three finger swipe right to the application switcher.
In BTT Action Settings -> Stuff(App Switcher) -> Use special application switcher
This answers the problem that bisko and senseful had above and avoids the last click or the necessity to be over the icon.

Single best gesture in my 'gesture vocabulary' and I have gestures for everything!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.