Remove Snow Leopard Server and re-install Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi -

I bought a mac mini and intended to use it as a server but ended up using one through my office. I want to convert it back to a regular machine. I try to install my copy of snow leopard but it won't let me. I've tried using the disk utility but I can't figure it out. I've also haven't found any forum threads about it. Can anyone gimme a hand?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I bought a mac mini and intended to use it as a server but ended up using one through my office. I want to convert it back to a regular machine. I try to install my copy of snow leopard but it won't let me. I've tried using the disk utility but I can't figure it out. I've also haven't found any forum threads about it. Can anyone gimme a hand?

You can't install OS X from the OEM disc that came from one Mac onto another Mac. They are machine-specific. You will need to buy a retail copy of OS X.

OP
B
Reaction score
but I bought the mac mini as a regular snow leopard computer. then i upgraded to server. why can't I just use the version of snow leopard that came with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. What does this have to do with "Community Announcements"? Please read our forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.