Boot Camp Problem

Reaction score
So I ran boot camp to try to install windows vista on my MacBook pro. The computer restarted and my windows install failed after it restarted as part of the installation. Now I'm stuck and can't boot back into Mac. I've tried holding option at start up but that didnt work. I lost my recovery cd and I'm wondering if booting from a Lion install cd will do anything.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's reset the PRAM and then try to boot back to OS X by holding down the OPTION key. Post back results and we can go from there.

OP
S
Reaction score
my problem with that is i had to reconfigure my keys because i spilled a drink on my keyboard about 6 months ago and option is currently the caps lock key. even so, holding command,option,p,and r did nothing. i tried it with caps lock as well which effectively served as option before this whole problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.