• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

tree shredders

M

mack

Hi,
Just wondered if any California residents can tell me if they have tree-shredders in your state?

What I mean is do guys go around the neighbourhood streets with a big machine that turns tree branches into little woodchips--after they've trimmed trees which grow close to power lines etc?

[They do in Oz--local council guys do this]

Could anyone please tell me what's the story in Cal. and other us states?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've seen hem all over the US. The do use them here in the California, usually when they are trimming trees along public streets or to keep them out of the power lines.

Why do you ask?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
MAc forum not tree forum,

anyway welcome to mac-forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Maybe he saw the Apple and thought it was about apple trees.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Theres no such thing as a tree shredder. Hes a liar and getting everyone to go along with him.

Consider him banned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I believe they are called wood chippers, and basically if I understand right, he is talking about either the ones you toss the branches into yourself, or the ones that are hooked up to boom trucks, that you drive along slowly, and they cut the branches off, then the branches fall into the back of the truck and go into the chipper.

I have noticed, that the moderators, have been really into this whole "ban them if they don't talk about a mac issue" I always thought an "anything goes" section of a forum was exactly that, a place to discuss anything. I have nothing against Graphite, or this forum, just trying to give the guy a chance to explain himself, before getting banned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I had sort of assumed that Graphite was joking. Was I wrong? Are the Mods here THAT anal about this stuff?

You are correct, they are called Wood Chippers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
hondagus87 said:
I have noticed, that the moderators, have been really into this whole "ban them if they don't talk about a mac issue" I always thought an "anything goes" section of a forum was exactly that, a place to discuss anything. I have nothing against Graphite, or this forum, just trying to give the guy a chance to explain himself, before getting banned.
He hasn't been banned yet (he doesn't have the little "banned" tag) so it seems he was joking.

Usually the people who get banned for talking about non-Mac things are also spamming or promoting something. Ever been to a forum where every other thread is a "Free Poker Here!" post?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
technologist said:
He hasn't been banned yet (he doesn't have the little "banned" tag) so it seems he was joking.

Usually the people who get banned for talking about non-Mac things are also spamming or promoting something. Ever been to a forum where every other thread is a "Free Poker Here!" post?

I got ya, I understand he was probably joking

OP
I

iSeeKlearly

Dude..we've got tree shredders here..such a oddish post ! Ha ! Nice though..Welcome.

OP
M

mack

iSeeKlearly said:
Dude..we've got tree shredders here..such a oddish post ! Ha ! Nice though..Welcome.

Thank you for your replies. Sorry for the weird post, but am writing a book and saw occasion to mention tree shredders /wood chippers--but didn't want to go rattling on without asking first. The ones I mean are the large ones that are used when trees are trimmed for clearance of lines. Good to know they're in use--was worried as the few pictures I've seen of built-up areas in Cali seem a little sparse in the tree department--just lonely palms near the coast.

Thanks once again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ha. you kids. Your all banned now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
ha you're all banned

*macattack sits back and laughs* muhahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.