Help & Opinions Needed!-Desperate!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was planning on buying a macbook (pro) when I finished Uni in 2012, however, I just found out about the 15% student discount so my loan in september shall now be going on a new 2011 edition macbook, the only issue is that it is my first mac, and I have no idea which model to buy...I think im looking towards the 13 inch model as the price is appealing, but which 13 inch should i get and why?....or is it just better to go for 15?....Id really appreciate some help as for a student its a lot of money to spend! so i want to get it riht and have no idea, thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're looking at around a $500 to $600 difference between the entry level 13" MBP and the 15" MBP. No doubt the 15" is a better all around choice, however, you probably need to consider how much you're willing to spend. It's your money so you need to decide.

Reaction score
actuallllllly....

not sure what the policy is now, but i purchased my first mac right after graduation and was still able to get the student discount at the apple store. i was short on the cash when checking out and the cashier asked me if i was a student, i told him i had just graduated, so no, and he asked if i still had my student id, which i did, so i was able to get the discount. so i think as long as you show your school id you're good. i also found out later from one of my interns that if you buy online, you could log into the apple store as a student by finding your school in their list, (double checked that myself and ordered an ipod as a student, a YEAR after graduating). also, the company i was working with at the time was eligible for the same amount of discount as the student discount, so might not even make a diffence if you buy now or wait until you're working full time (ask HR or check those employee perks!!)....

not sure if that helps, but just throwing it out there! i would definitely wait and get the pricier option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15 inch 2.0 ghz i7 500 gb hd 4 gb ram
it really depends what your doing

if your doing lots of graphic intense work or gaming get the 15 inch yet if your less graphics and more everyday tasks then get the entry level 13 inch (not the high end 13 inch its not worth it for a minor speed increase and larger hard drive) the 13 inch can still edit videos and play some games just not as good as the 15 inch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.