iMac intergrated sound card

Reaction score
Hi

I am a pc user coming to the mac for the first time, I currently have the Apple iMac 21.5" Core i5 2.5GHz Quad Core 4GB 500GB Radeon HD6750M on order which should come on wednesday.

At the moment on my pc system I have an external usb sound card (Creative Soundblaster X-FI Creative Labs 70SB109500002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO Sound Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories together with speakers). What I'm wondering is if I will need this with the iMac or is the on board sound card better than my Creative card? (I realise it's built into the motherboard)

Any help would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The bigger question here is if it will even work with a Mac. In any event, only you can decide which you would prefer. Why not just test it out when you get your Mac and make a decision based on your experience with it?

Reaction score
Hi

I am a pc user coming to the mac for the first time, I currently have the Apple iMac 21.5" Core i5 2.5GHz Quad Core 4GB 500GB Radeon HD6750M on order which should come on wednesday.

At the moment on my pc system I have an external usb sound card (Creative Soundblaster X-FI Creative Labs 70SB109500002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO Sound Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories together with speakers). What I'm wondering is if I will need this with the iMac or is the on board sound card better than my Creative card? (I realise it's built into the motherboard)

Any help would be great!

So... here we are several months later. May I ask what you ended up doing for sound and how it worked out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.