Mac OS X DVD Installing Problem

Reaction score
Mac OS X Installing Problem

Hi!

I would like know if somebody can help me on my big problem in my MACBOOK AIR.

Last month my macbook air OS X was corrupted and my OS X CD was missing so I decided to install WINDOWS 7 and reformat the whole disk to NTFS, it was running good but I can't use my bluetooth headset even the bluetooth driver is already installed. I also bought a Bluetooth Adapter but it's USELESS!

anyway I found my MAC OS X DVD and I tried to install it but it was not happening I clicked C and it was loading til 5mins..it will say PRESS POWER BUTTON THEN TURN OFF AND RESTART AGAIN!

here's the problem:
1) I run the MAC OS X DVD many times!! but still the same.what can I do to put my MAC OS X OS BACK?

2) and how can I use my bluetooth headet in WINDOW 7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Boot from the OS X DVD, go into Utilities > Disk Utility > Erase and format Mac OS Extended. Back to Installer and install, assuming of course this is a Snow Leopard/Leopard disc.

Update to latest Combo Updater from the Apple web site, print out Bootcamp Assistant instructions from Utilities, and run Bootcamp with the Windows 7 disc. You will be prompted to insert the OS X DVD to install drivers.

You have to do this with a wired keyboard and mouse. After install you can go into Windows 7 Control Panel and set up Bluetooth wireless mouse etc. Then update Windows 7 as there is quite a few updates, including a SP.

OP
M
Reaction score
boot then restart

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Boot from the OS X DVD, go into Utilities > Disk Utility > Erase and format Mac OS Extended. Back to Installer and install, assuming of course this is a Snow Leopard/Leopard disc.

Update to latest Combo Updater from the Apple web site, print out Bootcamp Assistant instructions from Utilities, and run Bootcamp with the Windows 7 disc. You will be prompted to insert the OS X DVD to install drivers.

You have to do this with a wired keyboard and mouse. After install you can go into Windows 7 Control Panel and set up Bluetooth wireless mouse etc. Then update Windows 7 as there is quite a few updates, including a SP.

ok..can I do this in windows 7 OS? I don't have utilities option. on the boot. it tells me to press the power button and to restart. and again It gives me the same message.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to reinstall OS X on that Air after you formatted the entire SSD as NTFS and installed Win 7, you first must reset the PRAM. Now try to reinstall. Let us know.

OP
M
Reaction score
In order to reinstall OS X on that Air after you formatted the entire SSD as NTFS and installed Win 7, you first must reset the PRAM. Now try to reinstall. Let us know.

after I did that. still the same, now I'm trying to reformat the drive using diskpart.

I don't really know what should I do now, I figuring out how to use this diskpart

and how can I possibly convert the drive to HFS my drive :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.