Updating my g5 please hellp!

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!! URGENT

Hi, i am 12 years old and i need some help updating to snow leopard.because it says something about not available on Intel based macs. also if i try to download tunes the new version it say not due to update. also when i go to system upidate and the mac checks for updates it says the software is not due to update:[

here our my mac details:
mac OS X
PROCESSOR: 2ghz powerPC G5
memory: 1gb DDR SDRAM
Startup disk: MacIntosh HD

HARDWARE OVERVIEW:
machine name:iMac G5
machine model power mac 8,2
CPU powerpce G5 (3.1)
number of CPU:1
CPU speed:2Ghz
O2 chace per CPU 512KB
memory:1gb
bus speed: 667MHz
boot ROM version 5.2.5fl
what is the next version i can get and how? do i have to update the next version to next version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Snow Leopard is unfortunately not available on Power PC processors ( which yours is ) also the new iTunes and many more applications and updates are only available for Intel based macs, unfortunately this means that you need to upgrade to a newer computer or stick to older versions of apps and OS's

Hope this helps

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you do not supply what version of OS X you are running. Your G5 can handle up to Leopard, OS X.5.8 and that is it. Also see if you can get parents to splurge on some additional memory. 2GB will work everything so much better. Cannot find an actual 8.2 model PowerMac so you might check out the model, and it is a PowerMac and not an iMac?

Ahh I see it is actually an iMac which you described as a PowerMac - different horse as it were. To increase memory you would require 2 x 1GB modules of this memory:-

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/3200DDR1024/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.