Mail question outgoing mail server problem

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all, thanks for letting me join your forum!

I would really appreciate some help in setting up my Mail account so that I can work from home. Currently my MacbookPro is using the works server to send and receive mail through my e-mail account... Problem is, I would like to use it at home too.

I have found that I can receive mail but not send it, does anyone have any ideas as to how I could resolve this at all? (I"m in OSX 10.6.3 if that helps anyone at all).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Make sure that your outgoing e-mail has your password. Both outgoing and incoming have to have it. It's under Mail:preferences:Accounts

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'll check this out tonight when I get home.

I'll let you know if it works or not,

Cheers again, Darren

Reaction score
Question about MacMail

I, too, am having issues with "problem connecting with server" issues for the past week, after changing settings, and then changing them again to the correct settings, subsequent to a change from AT & T DSL To UVERSE. MacMail works fine, intermittently, and then doesn't....I get error msgs. and it takes me "off-line."

Any ideas why? Passwords, ports, pop and smtp servers are all correct, SSL is checked......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.